BREAKING-Thousands of south Africans March in the street and Beg Nigerians for forgiveness, see Video

xenophobia

A video trending on Social media shows thousands of South-Africans trooping out on the streets of Johannesburg begging foreigners especially Nigerians for forgiveness over Xenophobia.

It will be recalled that several Foreigners have left the country following the xenophobic attacks carried out on them by south-Africans. Notably, the Nigerian Government also evacuated over 200 Nigerians from South-Africa last week.

They begged Nigerians to remain in their country and carry out their business activities freely. This development is coming a day after the country’s president, Cyril Ramaphosa was booed at the funeral ceremony of former Zimbabwean leader, Robert Mugabe in Harare.

Watch the video below;

XENOPHOBIA-S/African government have not ask us to leave

…Missions say over 400 Nigerians ready for evacuation from S/Africa,

BY: Victoria Ojeme

The Nigerians leaving in South Africa, Sunday said they have not been ask by the South African Government to leave the country.

Some angry residents attack houses of immigrants in Johannesburg.

A source told Vanguard that the situation in South Africa is a bit calm.

According to  him, ” We are monitoring  the situation over here right now the police has taking control of the situation, we have also ask the Nigerians who have businesses there to close their business places for now.

“We cannot confirm exactly what’s on now except that police is dispersing a group of people who gathered earlier. No problems at the moment but police are everywhere around the area. The situation has improved.

“The Government of South Africa has not ask Nigerians to leave their country, it is the locals who are asking all foreigners to leave.

Meanwhile, The Nigerian Mission in South Africa has said that over 400 Nigerians have indicated interest and registered to be evacuated from South Africa following recent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and their businesses.

The Nigeria Consul General in Johannesburg, Godwin Adama, said this in an interview with our reporter through telephone in Abuja on Sunday.

Air Peace has made offer to airlift those who are willing to return home from sequel to the attacks on Nigerians and their businesses by South African.

Adama said the first batch of Nigerians willing to return home would be repatriated on Wednesday.

”We have more than enough for that aircraft. Over 400 Nigerians already registered. More are still coming,” he said.

The Nigerian High Commissioner to South Africa, Kabiru Bala also said that Nigerians had responded positively in good numbers.

Bala said that the missions were equally responding to the needs of those willing to return especially those who had issues with their documents.

”We are documenting them. Those without travel documents, we shall provide them with Emergency Travel Certificates.

”There are other governmental procedures that we must observe. Relevant agencies of government in Nigeria must be informed and must be ready to receive the

”Hard work is now going on at the High Commission and Consulate in this regard .As soon as all procedures and relevant protocols are observed, the return is assured and guaranteed..

”A little more patience will be helpful. The response of Nigerians is just amazing,” Bala said.

President, Nigeria Citizens Association, South Africa (NICASA),  Ben Okoli,  said all efforts were geared towards evacuation of those who are ready to come back home.

Okoli said the figure of those ready to come was in hundreds as many have lost their means of livelihood and nothing to fall back on.

”’The Consulate is sorting out the issue of documents. Nigerians are been registered and issued with the necessary travel documents to enable them make the trip to Lagos.

”Some lost their passports in their homes and businesses from the fire that gutted it, while others had their documents and properties stolen by the locals,” he said.

The association he said was however still pushing ahead for the demand of compensation as there are sufficient available to them that the attacks were premeditated and ochestrise.

He also noted that normalcy was gradually returning, stressing that there was no longer tension, or violence against any set of people.

”The violence and hostility have ceased.

“So many Nigerian have however been affected by the crisis and lots have been highly distressed and nothing to fall back to.

So some of them affected have decided to call it a quit to go back to

“Presently, we are collating the data of Nigerians that are to be evacuated back to Nigeria because the first batch will be leaving some time early next week.

“Well we have it on a good record that they will be leaving on Wednesday.”

He commended President Muhammadu Buhari’s effort in sending special envoy to South Africa.

Okoli said they had been able to boost the moral of the Nigerian community in going about their normal business without fear of molestation or attacks.

”We have actually regain some strength knowing that our government is backing and supporting us, especially this time.

”So we are no longer afraid because we believe that so long we are doing the right thing and legal and food standing we have nothing to fear.

”We want to thank President Buhari for the steps he has taken. The special envoy did cone to us and push the case of Nigerians. We are very grateful and thank him for what he has done so far.

He also commended the gesture of the Management of Air Peace for offering to airlift Nigerians back home.

Yemi Alade explains why she will never feature Tiwa Savage in her song

yemi alade and tiwa savage

Popular Nigerian singer, Yemi Alade is popularly known as Mama Africa has revealed why a collaboration between herself and Tiwa Savage can never happen.

This was made in a recent interview with Bolanle Olukanmi the singer said a collaboration with Tiwa Savage can never happen due to the animosity created by their fans and the uncertainty about the outcome of the project.

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Tiwa Savage held her listening party for her new single “49-99” in London and she gave a shout out to Yemi Alade.

Fresh xenophobic Attacks in Pretoria CBD,after Ramaphosa meets Buhari in Tokyo

Hours after Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari met with his South African counterpart, Cyril Ramaphosa, in Japan, reports have emerged of ongoing xenophobic attacks on foreign-owned businesses in South Africa, including those owned by Nigerians.

Buhari held a bilateral meeting with Ramaphosa on the sidelines of the Seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7) in Yokohama, Japan, on Wednesday.

THE WHISTLER had reported that the issue of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians was expected to form part of the discussions at the meeting which had Nigeria’s foreign affairs minister Mr Geoffery Onyeama in attendance.

Buhari-Holds-Bilateral-Meetings-With-Ramaphosa-Talon-At-Opening-Of-TICAD7-In-Japan
President Muhammadu Buhari (M) Chats with the President of South Africa and Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffery Onyeama during a side meeting at the 7th Tokyo International Conference on Africa Development (TICAD) in Yokohama Japan.

Ramaphosa was said to have assured Buhari that the South African government was “looking into” xenophobic attacks on foreigners in the country.

But hours after the meeting between presidents of both countries, reports emerged of ongoing xenophobic attacks on Nigerian and other foreign-owned businesses in South Africa.

The Nigerian Union in South Africa (NUSA) issued a notice on Wednesday to Nigerians living in the country to avoid Pretoria Central Business District (CBD) until the police authority certify the area safe for foreign nationals.

“Violent looting and burning of foreign-owned businesses started in the early hours of today, Aug. 28, at the Pretoria CBD. The foreign-owned shops and offices were targeted by angry taxi driver rioters, the President of NUSA, Adetola Olubajo said in a statement.

“The violent revolt and looting have been fuelled by the death of a taxi driver allegedly by Tanzania nationals on Tuesday at Pretoria CBD.

“Not less than two buildings were burnt by the angry mob. This was done after the stocks in the various shops were looted by the rioters.

“The situation was very volatile this morning but the joint efforts of South African Metro Police and South African Police Service members helped to curb the violent looting and attacks, although the situation is still tensed at the area as several roads were blocked for motorists.’’

According to Olubajo, two Nigerian-owned businesses on Sisulu and Lillan Ngoyi Streets were looted and burnt, with others marked for further attacks.

“Information reaching us is that some foreign-owned businesses have been marked to be attacked over the night.

“The marked foreign-owned businesses include a Nigerian-owned Private Clinic, Nigerian-owned Motor spares shop and a Nigerian Church among others.

“The Nigeria High Commission in Pretoria has been informed of the planned overnight attacks and looting of foreign nationals businesses.

“We strongly advised Nigerians to avoid Pretoria CBD until the South African Police Authority has certified the area safe for foreign nationals,’’ Olubajo said.

Meanwhile, the offices of Gauteng MEC for Public Transport and Roads Infrastructure, Gauteng Provincial Commissioner and Taxi Industry in Tshwane, were said to have issued a joint press statement on their engagement with the taxi industry following the fatal shooting of a taxi operator in the Pretoria CBD.

“Gauteng Public Transport and Roads Infrastructure MEC, Jacob Mamabolo, together with the Provincial Commissioner of Police, Lt.-Gen. Elias Mawela on Wednesday engaged with the City of Tshwane as well as representatives of the taxi industry in Tshwane.

“This followed an incident on Tuesday afternoon where a taxi operator was fatally shot near the Bloed Long-Distance Taxi Rank in Pretoria.

“The taxi industry representatives tabled their concerns and raised what both the MEC and Provincial Commissioner believe are genuine concerns, which require urgent attention to ensure safety and security within the space in which they operate.

“The South African Police Service and the Tshwane Metro Police Department have since intensified deployments and will maintain a presence in the CBD to ensure that no further incidents of criminality recur,’’ the statement said.

Meanwhile, 17 suspects were said to have been arrested in connection with the attacks.

The taxi industry representatives in the country were also said to have distanced themselves from the incidents.

“We had planned for a demonstration to highlight some of our issues with the shooting of one of us, and we believe some criminal elements took advantage and exploited our plan to advance their criminal intent,’’ the statement quoted Mr Mack Makata of SANTACO to have said.

SA CELEBRITIES SPEAKS OUT ON XENOPHOBIC ATTACK

SA Celebs Speak Out On Xenophobic Attacks Happening
SA Celebs Speak Out On Xenophobic Attacks Happening

SA Celebs Speak Out On Xenophobic Attacks Happening! There are currently xenophobic attacks happening in Durban. This has forced foreign nationals to seek shelter in community halls, mosques and police stations. 

Politicians and the public at large have taken to different platforms to speak out about the senseless attacks and some of our local celebs are using their voices and large platforms to condemn the attacks.

Check out some of the reactions below.

#SUMMERLIFE@busiswaah

Party Politics aside; HEAR THIS MESSAGE!! Africa Unite! We Are One Africa! Borders are not real they are a man-made construct & we only have each other as Africans❤🌍

Wanjikũ Revolution™@WanjikuRevolt

Thank you @Julius_S_Malema! Enough said! We must end this colonial #UshenziAfrica #Xenophobia

Embedded video

377 people are talking about this

R.M Phoolo

@casspernyovest

Xenophobia is some wack shit!!! I don’t understand why my people do that shit to our brothers and sisters. I strongly condemn that shit!!!

1,835 people are talking about this

Dr Dlamini Zuma

@DlaminiZuma

It is disappointing that our country is experiencing attacks on foreign nationals. These attacks go against everything we stand for as a nation. We reject all kinds of Xenophobia, we strongly condemn violent attacks against fellow Africans.

861 people are talking about this

Rouge

@Rouge_Rapper

Sure Same way those countries kicked South Africans out when they were running from Apartheid for Asylum right? Oh wait. That didn’t happen! Or the same way these countries are not trading with SA or giving us Electricity so we don’t land in stage 10.oh wait. They Are Helping US.

steph🌹@Stephin44489575
Replying to @Rouge_Rapper

But you never know who’s doing wat and who isn’t so the best solution is just to kick them all out since none of em are willing to take responsibility and bring the guilty forth!!

See Rouge’s other Tweets

Rouge

@Rouge_Rapper

As a girl of Congolese heritage seeing trending honestly breaks my heart. I know people who don’t even acknowledge where they come from out of fear. I’ve been told to do so before too. “Don’t say your Congolese”

It actually brings tears to my eyes. We’re all african.

460 people are talking about this

Embedded video

Nomzamo Mbatha

@NomzamoMbatha

No one flees their land of birth, their home, out of choice. We need to do better. We need to end the intolerance of one African to another. We too were housed & tolerated in the dark days of apartheid!

520 people are talking about this
%d bloggers like this: