Advertisements

Duduzane Zuma’s trial date set

sowetanlive.co.za

Oct 26, 2018 10:58 AM
Duduzane Zuma
Duduzane Zuma

Former President Jacob Zuma has again come to court to support his son Duduzane‚ whose trial date for culpable homicide has been provisionally set for March next year.

Zuma talked earnestly with his son in the moments before court proceedings started on Friday morning – and enthusiastically greeted Black First Land First leader Andile Mngxitama‚ who said he was there “to support Duduzane”.

Duduzane’s friend Jared Mortimer‚ who made headlines when he got into a scuffle with convicted murderer Oscar Pistorius in a club during the Paralympian’s trial‚ was also in court.

Both Zuma and his son are both facing corruption prosecutions‚ with the former president due to apply for his prosecution to be permanently stayed next month.

Duduzane returns to the Specialised Commercial Crimes Court next year to face charges that he was involved in an alleged Gupta family plot to bribe former deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas to take over as minister and do the family’s bidding. He denies the charges against him and maintains he will be exonerated.

The Randburg Magistrate’s Court postponed the culpable homicide case against Duduzane‚ which concerns the deaths of two women following a crash between Duduzane’s Porsche and a minibus taxi in February 2014‚ to January 24 for the “resolution of certain pre-trial issues”.

These are understood to concern certain information that the defence has requested from the state.

The court has set March 26 to 29 next year as the provisional dates for Duduzane’s trial.

For Advertising and marketing internet promotion of any kind..you have anything you want people to know call or whatsapp +27833468847.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Dolly Parton Performs New Song from Netflix ‘Dumplin’ Film — Books 2 Screen

‘Dolly Parton has livened up the Oscar trail this year with her new song “Girl in the Movies,” from the Netflix movie “Dumplin.’” Following a live performance of the song for a select industry crowd (mostly journalists and Golden Globes voters) at the Four Seasons on Monday, the recording icon stopped by a screening of […]

via Dolly Parton Performs New Song from Netflix ‘Dumplin’ Film — Books 2 Screen

ANCYL in Gauteng suspends secretary Bones Modise

sowetanlive.co.za

Oct 26, 2018 12:22 PM
Bones Modise
Bones Modise Image: Len Kumalo

The provincial executive committee of the ANC Youth League in Gauteng has suspended its secretary, Bones Modise.

This follows a provincial executive committee (PEC) meeting held earlier this week, which resolved to investigate the provincial secretary who they accuse of meddling with both branch and regional processes.

“…The constant postponement of congresses and [receiving] of reports from regions stating that their greatest hurdle and impediment to launching structures resides in the malfunctioning and abuse taking place in both the provincial and national secretariat office, left the PEC with little option but to unanimously resolve to temporarily suspend its provincial secretary,” said ANCYL provincial spokesperson Mbali Hlophe.

ANCYL member Thulani Ndlovu has been appointed as acting provincial secretary.

The decision to suspend Modise was taken on Wednesday when the PEC met for their ordinary meeting to discuss, among other things, the province’s state of readiness for the ANCYL conference from December 17-20 at Nasrec Expo Centre to elect a new leadership.

The Gauteng PEC has also fingered ANCYL national secretary Njabulo Nzuza for allegedly manipulating processes in order to delay regional conferences.

Both Nzuza and Modise could not be immediately reached for comment.

In an interview with the Sowetan last week, Nzuza denied having any influence on the delay in branch general meetings (BGMs) and regional conferences.

“Those allegations are void of any truth and any logically thinking person should be worried if they say I’m trying to sabotage anyone by withholding BGMs… packages are [all] out. As deployees, we have sent [signed branch general meeting] packages and hopefully they will reach their intended recipients. If not, we will act,” Nzuza warned.

The Gauteng PEC said they intend sending a letter to the ANC task team responsible for aiding the league with its congress, voicing their “dissatisfaction” with Nzuza’s office and the “abuse and manipulation of audit processes” taking place through his office.

Following their plea to the national executive committee in August to assist them with challenges facing the organisation, the NEC appointed a task team for the Young Lions to meet its mandate and hold a conference in December.

Turning to their preferred candidate ahead of the December elective conference, Gauteng reiterated their support for presidential hopeful Thanduxolo Sabelo, KwaZulu-Natal provincial secretary, to take over the reins from ANCYL president Collen Maine.

Sabelo is expected to go head-to-head with ANCYL treasurer-general Reggie Nkabinde, though the name of Fees Must Fall activist Mcebo Dlamini has recently been thrown into the mix.

For Advert and marketing internet promotion music promotion of you have anything you want people to know call or whatsapp +27833468847

%d bloggers like this: