A Kenyan project architect, Omari Junior has confessed that he admires Nigerians because their men have a lot of swag and their women are well endowed, among other reasons.
Omari in a post on internet questioning site, Quora, also hailed Nigerians for their colourful culture and thriving entertainment industry.
I’m a Kenyan. I’ve learnt and lived with some 5 Nigerians in my study in campus and this is what I can deduce from them:
- Nigerians are (NOT) loud. I don’t know if it’s their boldness that speaks volumes but whenever they talk, it’s kind of an argument yet it’s just a conversation they’re having. (Individual differences count a lot. You may have met 5 Nigerians who are loud but that isn’t a Nigerian thing. It is a personal trait).
- Their music is sweet. The afro-fusion genre is quickly recognizable and easy to dance along.
- Very industrious. They’re notorious conmen on the Internet. Besides that vice, they’re great entrepreneurial persons in Africa.
- They’re smart. Most of the learned people in Africa are from Nigeria. Undoubtedly, that can be attributed to their huge population. I mean, 182 Million people!
- Their pidgin accent. Alongside Ghanaians and some Cameroonians, they speak some horrible and disgusting English. It’s sometimes not easily understood. No hard feelings but I just hate that accent. It’s nauseating.
- Fashion. I envy their sense of fashion. It’s unique, African and has the identity of the Nigerians. I guess that also gives them a dose of their known bragging rights and flattery.
- Beard Gang. Majority of Nigerian men are bearded. Genes may be? I guess right. Their women are also well endowed. I mean, which man on earth dislikes well-endowed ladies? Negligible.
Literature. Most of the novels I love hail from Nigerian authors and novelists. Talk of Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Chimamanda Adichie, Cyprian Ekwensi and many more.
- Nollywood. I hate their films but I must give credits to their hardwork in the industry. I hate the films because of the background sound tracks which are disturbing and regular characters. I mean, can’t they polish new characters? We’re fed up with Patience Ozwokwo.
- Lagos. That city is more than overpopulated. Damn.