The President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari and his wife, Aisha were the first to cast their votes at their polling unit in Daura, Katsina State.
The couple arrived the PU003 at Sarkin Yara Ward at exactly 8 am and they were accredited without any problem. Mr Buhari was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in today’s election.
Mrs Buhari was the first to vote after which her husband voted.
However, after collecting his ballot papers, Mr Buhari stayed to peep at what his wife voted which elicited laughter from all around.
When he came out of the cubicle to cast his vote, Mr Buhari was clearly heard joking with Aisha that “ I had to peep because you are from Adamawa”.
Mr Buhari’s main challenger, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakr is also from Adamawa State.
- Man divorces his wife because she insists on voting for Buhari in the presidential elections
- Buhari Slams Wife Over Claim That Cabal Runs His Govt, Demands For Evidence
- ”Expose My Wife And Son If They Get Govt Deals” President Buhari Tells Nigerian Media
- Elections: Nobody can unseat me as president- President Buhari tells CNN
- 2019 Presidency: Mbaka Shuns Reporters After Closed-Door Meeting With Buhari